Friday 6 February 2015

Introducing...Aladdin!

Here at The Wight Strollers, we pride ourselves on introducing new faces to the company and giving them a chance to shine - it's part of what keeps the company growing and thriving, as it has now done under the banner of The Wight Strollers for thirty-five years!

So, this year, we'd like to introduce to you a brand new face in the Strollers family: Nick Weightman, who will be starring in our forthcoming pantomime as the one and only Aladdin.


Welcome to The Wight Strollers, Nick! How are you finding your experience of being in the company?

"It's absolutely incredible, everyone's so friendly and so welcoming of new people - it's really nice!"

Have you always been a panto fan, Nick?

"Oh yeah, all my life! I remember going to watch it when I was in Beavers and Cubs and then I did one when I was sixteen, then seventeen, then eighteen...I had a break while I was at uni, so to be able to get back into them now is so much fun."

Well, playing Aladdin in Aladdin sounds like a great way to get back into pantomime to me! What is it about panto that you love so much?

"I just love the happy, friendly environment, of the rehearsals and the shows, and the fact that the audience is always on your side - it's such a vibrant and energetic atmosphere to perform in, I love it."

Without giving too much away, what's your favourite part of the show?

"My favourite part of the show? It's actually a scene I'm not in! But it's just going to amaze and wow and leave the audience in fits of laughter..."

I think I might know which bit you're talking about! And finally, what advice would you give to kids who, like Aladdin, have a tendency to dream big?

"Just follow your dreams. Don't let anybody get in your way. If anybody says you can't do it, take that negativity and turn it into positivity and have it fuel your passion. You'll get there."

Good advice - thanks, Nick! And break a leg for the show!

See Nick Weightman as Aladdin in our forthcoming production by phoning Medina Box Office on 01983 823884 or visiting the website to buy your tickets. February 14th, 15th and 21st - you don't want to miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment